Written by Stan Foxworthy
We all know how important in our success it is to plan and set goals, but some of us (namely me) have a harder time than others with this task. Kind of like sticking to an exercise routine, goals can be daunting, as once we set them, we can be held accountable but the results can be fantastic. For something to be classified as a goal, it must be S.M.A.R.T.; Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. When I say something like “I want to take better portraits this year” or “I want to learn to use off-camera flash better”, it is merely a desire or a wish.
In order for either of these to become goals, I have to apply S.M.A.R.T. to them. I also choose not to use words such as; Want to, I Should, I Wish, etc.
For the past several weeks, I have been pondering what goals I would like to accomplish photographically and I have come up with a few!
- I will hold ten ProActive Photographer Photographic Lighting workshops during 2015.
- I will print at least one new portfolio / display image each month in 2015.
- I will enjoy one day each month to photograph around Charleston for fun.
- I will gain two new commercial clients each month.
- I will travel to and photograph a destination I have never been.
And finally, I will carry a camera with me every day!
I wish you all a safe, happy and healthy new year! Next time; 2015 – The year of CunningFox Photo Eduaction